Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scary

So on saturday 3/12/10 my son had a seizure at his dads house. When I showed up to the ER he was unconscious, tubed and ventilated. I guess he stopped breathing from the anti-seizure meds they gave him. It was a very scary thing to see that happen to my own kid. I still have that picture stuck in my head. It's getting easier to deal with it. He was in the hospital til that following monday. Every test they had BUT the MRI came back good. The MRI shows a cluster of blood cells that could cause him to be at a higher risk for seizures than the normal kid. We are going back in 3-6 months for a contrast test of his brain as well as another MRI. My son is perfectly himself now. Hoping that he won't seize again. There is that chance he may NEVER have another or if he does they can't predict when. It could be tomorrow, years down the road or in adulthood. So we got some emergency meds incase he does seize again for longer than 5 minutes then we give it to him (RECTALLY) poor kid. But things are starting to seem normal again.
On a side note, we have our 2nd ultrasound the beginning of April so YAY!!! We are 20 weeks now and I'm growing like a cow.....not gaining much weight I must say! Lol. Anyways thats the big news and what happened.
I honestly think the seizure was brought on by a higher than normal temp, but no evidence to prove that.

No comments:

Post a Comment